Why we collect Personal Data and other Information
We will use such personal data collected:
- for administration purposes (including your access to the site)
- to help personalise your online experience
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to enable your appointed panel lawyer to carry out the services you have instructed them to;
- to provide you with information on our products and services (including by email and other electronic methods if you have chosen to receive marketing material by such methods) unless you have opted out of receiving such information;
- to obtain feedback in respect of your experience of our service and the services of our panel solicitors; and
- to allow you to participate in any interactive part of the site if you choose to do so.
Other Information In addition to the personal data you submit via the site we may collect information about your visits to the site and about your computer. Such information collected may include, but will not be limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, your IP address (where available), your operating system and browser type to assist us with system administration and in improving the design and layout of the site.
We may obtain information about your general site usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Cookies enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
Your Personal Data and Third Parties
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to a destination outside the European Economic Area, (also known as the "EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers or a panel solicitor. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer and processing.
All data you provide us with through the site is stored in the UK. We will pass the data that we collect from you to your appointed panel solicitor to enable them to carry out the services you have instructed them to. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will of course comply with our legal obligations but we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to the site therefore any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your personal data and other information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to guard against unauthorised access.
We will not release the personal data we collect to any other third parties unless:
- we pass the personal data to a member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our holding company and/or its subsidiaries;
- we are obliged or permitted to do so by law;
- we need to in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and/or other agreements between us;
- material uploaded or posted by you on the site violates the rights of a third party;
- we need to, to protect ourselves, our group companies, customers, the public, property (which may include us exchanging personal data and other information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
- we have your consent to do so;
- it is necessary to do so to provide the products and services chosen by you;
- we sell any of our business assets we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller of such business assets; and/or
- we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. To exercise this right contact our Customer Communications Team by email on email@example.com.
The Act gives you the right to access details of the personal data held about you which can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Although we are legally entitled to make a nominal charge of £10 to provide you with your information, we do not believe that it is appropriate to charge you for a copy of your own personal data.
If any information which you have provided us becomes inaccurate or out of date or if you have any questions or concerns about the personal data or information we hold about you and how we use it, please contact Marketing Team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-Deed may, occasionally, send you email regarding our products and services. If at any time you wish to be removed from our mailing list please send an email to email@example.com