Wayleave agreement

In some cases, wiring and/or piping needs to pass through or over a neighbour’s property so that it can reach yours. If that’s the case, they may need to sign a document (the wayleave agreement) before the service provider can go ahead.

Wayleave is an archaic 19th-century term defined as a ‘privilege enabling a person to cross another person’s land with infrastructure and goods’. You are most likely to encounter this in relation to electricity or broadband supplies.

Eager to get your conveyancing under way with a very experienced solicitor at a competitive price? You can get your fixed-fee quote on-line, or, if you're ready to instruct a solicitor, call our friendly team of advisers on 0800 038 6886.