Right to buy

In some situations, tenants have the legal ‘right to buy’ the freehold of the property they’re living in.

This is most likely to apply if you have been a council tenant for five years (and it doesn't have to be 5 years in a row), or if you live in a property provided by a housing association, the armed forces or a public body like an NHS trust.

Need an experienced solicitor to look after the legal side of your move for you? In-Deed's solicitors have years of experience in all aspects of conveyancing, and they offer a fixed-fee quote, supported by our 'No Completion, No Fee' guarantee.